Clean Your Keyboard Properly: Step-By-Step!
Keyboards are one of the most used items in our homes and offices, yet we often forget to clean them. We spend hours typing away, only neglecting cleaning our keyboards for weeks or months. So if you want to know how to clean your keyboard properly, this blog post will show you exactly how to do it. So, read more to learn about it!
Keyboard Cleaning Tips
It’s essential to clean your keyboard regularly to prevent dirt and grime from building up and causing problems. Here are some tips on how to clean your keyboard properly:
1. Unplug your keyboard from your computer.
2. Turn the keyboard upside down and shake it gently to remove any loose debris.
3. Use a can of compressed air to blow away any dust or dirt that’s stuck in between the keys.
4. Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down the keys and the body of the keyboard. Avoid getting water inside the keyboard by avoiding contact with the electrical parts.
5. Allow the keyboard to dry completely before plugging it back in and using it again.
The Best Keyboard Cleaners
You need to consider a few things when choosing the best keyboard cleaner for your needs. The first is the type of keyboard you have. There are two main types of keyboards: membrane and mechanical. Each type requires a different cleaning method.
The second thing to consider is the level of cleanliness you need. If you want to remove dirt and grime, a simple can of compressed air will do the trick. However, if you need to disinfect your keyboard, you’ll need a unique cleaning solution designed for electronics.
Finally, consider the price. Keyboard cleaners range in price from a few dollars to over $100. Finding one that fits your budget without sacrificing quality or effectiveness is essential.
Now that you know what to look for, here are our picks for the best keyboard cleaners:
1. iKlear Keyboard Cleaning Kit: This comprehensive kit comes with everything you need to clean any type of keyboard, including a dust brush, microfiber cloths, and a bottle of cleaning solution.
2. Logitech G540 Ultrasonic Cleaner: This ultrasonic cleaner uses sound waves to create a decisive cleaning action that can remove stubborn dirt and grime from your keyboard.
3. Belkin Easyclean Keyboard Wipes: These convenient wipes make it quick and easy to clean your keyboard on the go. They’re also safe for use on all types of keyboards, including membrane and mechanical models.
How to Clean a Laptop Keyboard
Assuming your laptop has a removable keyboard, the best way to clean it is to remove the keys and soak them in a mild soapy solution. Use an old toothbrush (or other soft-bristled brush) to scrub off any dirt or debris accumulated on the keys or between them. Once clean, rinse them thoroughly with warm water and allow them to air dry completely before reattaching them to your laptop.
If you can’t remove the keys from your laptop keyboard, you can clean it by vacuuming it with the upholstery attachment of your vacuum cleaner. Be sure to go over the entire keyboard, including all the nooks and crannies where dirt and dust tend to accumulate. You can also use compressed air to blow away any dirt or debris that’s stuck in between the keys.
How to Clean a Mechanical Keyboard
Assuming you’re using a mechanical keyboard with individual key switches, the best way to clean it is to remove the keycaps and use compressed air to blow away any dust or debris. If there’s anything stubborn, you can use a cotton swab lightly dampened with rubbing alcohol. Be careful not to get any liquids inside the keyboard itself. Once you clean the keycaps and switches, you can put them back on the keyboard.
Keeping your keyboard clean is essential for a good user experience and to keep your device in top condition. The proper techniques and products make it easy to clean your keyboard properly. Keeping your keyboard clean will help you ensure that it continues working as well as possible for longer! Thank you for reading this blog article, and feel free and welcome to keep doing it in the future!
Also read: Cleaning Your TV Safely: What You Need To Know