What To Do Before Christmas Day: A Checklist
Every year, around this time, we find ourselves getting a little more frantic in the preparations for Christmas. There’s nothing so satisfying as walking into your living room on Christmas morning and seeing that everything is just how you planned it.
Things To Do Before Christmas Day
1. Get a Christmas tree. You can either buy one or cut one down yourself.
2. Decorate your tree with lights and other decorations.
3. Hang up a wreath on your door or in your window.
4. Make sure you have all the presents you need to give to people. This includes wrapping them if necessary!
5. Start preparing any food you need for Christmas dinner or dessert. This may involve baking, cooking, or just getting things out of the freezer.
6. Set up any Christmas decorations you have around your house, inside and out.
7. Make sure you have enough holiday-themed clothing to last you throughout the season! This may include sweaters, socks, pajamas, etc.
Buy Or Make A Tree
Assuming you don’t already have a Christmas tree, you’ll need to decide whether to buy or make one. If you’re buying a tree, shop around for the best deal and make sure to get a fresh tree.
You can tell if a tree is fresh if the needles are green and snap easily when bent. If you’re making a tree, you’ll need some supplies like green construction paper, scissors, glue, and glitter. Once you have your supplies, follow these instructions:
1. Cut out two long strips of green construction paper. These will be the sides of your tree.
2. Cut out the third strip of green construction paper that is slightly shorter than the first two strips. This will be the top of your tree.
3. Glue the three strips of paper together at the ends to form a triangle shape.
4. Decorate your tree with glitter and other embellishments.
5. Place your tree in a prominent spot in your home and enjoy!
Decorate The House
No matter how big or small your home is, taking the time to decorate it for Christmas will help get you and your family into the holiday spirit. Here are a few tips on how to decorate your home for Christmas:
– Bring out all of your Christmas decorations and take inventory of what you have. This is a good time to see if any of your decorations need to be replaced.
– Start with the basics – a Christmas tree, lights, and garland. You can find these items at most stores that sell holiday decorations.
– Get creative with your décor! Use items you already have around the house, like vases and bowls, to create unique centerpieces or mantel displays.
– Don’t forget the outside of your house! String lights along the gutters, around doorways, or in trees. Place a wreath on your front door to welcome guests.
Buy Christmas Gifts
Christmas is quickly approaching and if you’re like most people, you still have a long list of gifts to buy. This can be a daunting and stressful task, especially if you wait until the last minute. To make things easier on yourself (and your wallet), we’ve put together a checklist of things to do before Christmas Day.
1. Make a list of everyone you need to buy for. This will help you keep track of who you’ve bought gifts for and who you still need to shop for.
2. Set a budget for each person. This will help you stay within your overall budget for Christmas gifts.
3. Start shopping early. The sooner you start, the less stressed you’ll be and the more likely you are to find great deals on gifts.
4. Shop online. Not only is it convenient, but many retailers offer free shipping this time of year. You can also take advantage of online sales and coupons to save even more money on your holiday shopping.
5. Get creative with your gift-giving. If buying traditional presents isn’t your thing, try making homemade gifts or giving experiences instead (tickets to a show, a day at the spa, etc.). These can often be more personal and meaningful than store-bought items anyway
Wrap The Gifts
It’s the night before Christmas and you’re almost ready to relax and enjoy the holiday. But first, there are a few things you need to take care of to make sure the day goes smoothly. One of those things is wrapping all the gifts!
Here are some tips for wrapping gifts quickly and efficiently:
1. Gather all your materials in one place. You’ll need wrapping paper, tape, scissors, and gift tags.
2. Choose a workspace that’s big enough to spread out all your materials. A dining room table or countertop is ideal.
3. Lay out each gift on its own piece of wrapping paper. This will make it easier to measure and cut the paper correctly.
4. Cut the paper slightly larger than the gift itself. This will give you enough room to tuck in the edges and create a clean look.
5. Use double-sided tape to secure the paper in place. This will save you time compared to using regular adhesive tape.
6. Add a gift tag with the recipient’s name and a special message from you. Then fold or roll up the wrapped gift and secure it with ribbon or twine.
7. Repeat these steps until all your gifts are wrapped and ready to go!
Plan Your Christmas Day Menu
1. Decide on the main dish. This could be anything from a traditional roast to something more unusual like a seafood feast.
2. Make a list of all the side dishes you want to prepare. Will you be doing any cooking on the day itself?
3. Plan ahead for any special dietary requirements. Make sure you have all the ingredients you need to make everyone’s Christmas dinner perfect.
4. Don’t forget the dessert! Whether it’s a classic Christmas pudding or something lighter, make sure you have something sweet to finish off your meal.
5. Think about what drinks you’ll be serving. Will you be having alcoholic drinks? If so, make sure you have enough for everyone and that you know who will be driving home at the end of the night!