How To Keep Your Kid’s Bath Toys Clean
It’s such a drag to see your kid’s bath toys get all gross and slimy. You hate the thought of throwing them away but you don’t want your child playing with them either. It’s just not worth it when they eventually get icky again. If you’re looking for some ways to clean bath toys, then this article is for you!
What Causes Bath Toys to Get Moldy?
Mold can grow on bath toys for a variety of reasons. Poor ventilation in the bathroom, using the same bath water for multiple baths, or simply not drying the toys after each use can all lead to mold growth. Bath toys are often made of porous materials that can trap water and dirt, providing an ideal environment for mold to thrive.
To prevent mold growth on bath toys, make sure to dry them thoroughly after each use. You can also place them in a mesh bag or storage container with good ventilation to allow them to air out between uses. If you notice any mold growth on your child’s bath toys, clean them immediately with soapy water and a soft brush.
How To Clean Bath Toys
If your child’s bath toys are starting to look a little bit grubby, it’s time to give them a good cleaning. Here’s how to do it:
1. Fill a sink or basin with warm water and add some mild detergent.
2. Place the bath toys in the water and let them soak for a few minutes.
3. Use a soft brush to scrub any dirt or grime off of the toys.
4. Rinse the toys well with clean water.
5. Let the toys air dry before putting them back in the bathtub.
Tips for Cleaning Bath Toys
Assuming you don’t want to just throw away all your kid’s bath toys, here are some tips for cleaning them:
– Start by emptying the water out of the toy. If it’s a squeeze toy, this may mean squirting the water out into the sink.
– Fill a small basin or bucket with warm soapy water and let the toy soak for a few minutes.
– Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub away any dirt or grime. Pay special attention to any nooks and crannies where mold might be hiding.
– Rinse the toy well with clean water.
– Let the toy air dry completely before allowing your child to play with it again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How often should I clean bath toys?
Ideally, you should clean bath toys at least once a week. However, if your child is especially susceptible to infections or if the bath toys are used frequently, you may need to clean them more often.
2. What is the best way to clean bath toys?
The best way to clean bath toys is to use hot water and soap. You can also use vinegar or bleach, but be sure to rinse the toys thoroughly afterward so that your child does not come in contact with any harmful chemicals.
3. Can I put my bath toys in the dishwasher?
Yes, you can put most bath toys in the dishwasher. However, you should avoid putting plastic bath toys in the dishwasher as they may melt. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before washing any type of toy in the dishwasher.
4. My child has allergies/sensitive skin, what are some alternative cleaning methods I can use for his/her bath toys?
If your child has allergies or sensitive skin, you may want to consider using natural cleaning methods such as vinegar or lemon juice. You can also purchase special hypoallergenic cleaners that are designed for people with allergies or sensitive skin.
Bathtime should be a fun and relaxing experience for both you and your child. But if your child’s bath toys are dirty, it can put a damper on the fun. Luckily, there are some easy ways to keep those toys clean. By following these tips, you can rest assured that your child’s bath time will be safe and enjoyable.